D&G Hairdressing Safety Policy – Updated Spring 2021.
We are ready and looking forward to welcoming everybody back in April and in preparation we have revised some of our safety procedures.
- Our team will be working shifts with longer opening hours to minimise the number of people in the salon at any one time.
- We will all be taking twice weekly Lateral Flow tests.
- All Team members & clients will be wearing appropriate PPE, as set out by the Government guidelines. All PPE can be provided.
- All disposable PPE will be changed between each client.
- Face masks are compulsory in the salon unless you are exempt on medical grounds, we can supply these or you may use your own. Our team will be wearing a face shield and visor/goggles throughout your service.
- There will be automated sanitising stations when you arrive and more dispensers within the salon.
- Please arrive at the correct time of your service. Please don’t arrive early as we have no waiting area, and please don’t be late as we have limited space and may not have time for your service.
- There will be no walk-in appointments available. Please only come to the salon if you have an appointment. If you wish to change or discuss your appointment please call/txt or email.
- A dedicated team will clean the salon every day, which includes sterilising each station after every appointment.
- All surfaces and equipment will be disinfected on a regular basis. Our team are qualified in the Barbicide Certification for infection control.
- Temperature will be taken and recorded when you arrive at the salon.
- Team members’ temperature will also be taken daily.
- Purpose designed screens will be in place to separate work areas when the two metre distance is not possible.
- Tea and Coffee will be available in disposable cups and bottled water is available.
- Unfortunately, you will be asked to attend your appointment unaccompanied to reduce the amount of traffic in the salon. Our guidelines are one person, per appointment, unless you are accompanying your child. In this instance we ask that you adhere to our one child per parent policy and that you are responsible for monitoring your child’s safety.
- If you, or anyone in your household, have any symptoms of COVID-19 please re-schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
- A colour skin test may be required for your colour service. Please see our Colour Safety Policy.
- You will be greeted at the door and given a bag for your belongings (e.g. your coat/umbrella) and you will keep this near you throughout the service. Please only bring important items to the Salon.
- Please avoid using cash if possible. Payment can be made by card (contactless preferred) or bank transfer.
Please keep in mind these are temporary measures and the salon may change and adapt them at any time, which includes removing any services at short notice on advice from the government.
These measures are to ensure the safety of staff and clients to help get services back to normal as quick as possible. The salon team will be working hard behind the scenes to maintain the high standard of treatments offered before lockdown.
We will continue to monitor the latest government advise on safety, make sure we do everything we can to protect our staff and clients.